Assuming that you don’t melt by tomorrow as per our third heatwave of summer ’17 (because we might), there are a few happenings that you can add to your agenda this weekend. Saturday, the Bronx Brewery is having a party and where there’s cold beer there’s good times and relief from the heat. But, if you’re looking for something more low-key, popcorn and chill at movie night on Fordham plaza… Read More
Some people in the city are already heading back to school, but as long as there’s a BBQ, it’s summer somewhere. Case in point, this weekend Gun Hill Brewery and The Bronx Women’s Photo Collective (BWPC) are lighting up their grills and invite you to share experiences in the arts as the brewery hosts live reggae, while BWPC is offering wine and feedback to practicing photographers who share their work. Continue.. Read More
Next Saturday, June 20th 2015, sports fans, and anyone who loves a good beer and barbecue, will want to check out the Annual Gilder Yankees Tailgate at Yankee Stadium. The event is being held to raise funds for teams in the City Island Little League. It’s 5 hours of beer (of course), music, drinking games and good company, while the menu reads like a meat-lovers paradise.
* Cheeseburgers: we serve 6oz Pat Lafrieda fresh ground blend of chuck/brisket/short rib
* Sabrett’s hot dogs: served with red onion sauce, kraut, relish, Chicago hot giardiniera
* Italian Chicken Sausage and Peppers: we use Italian sausage from the best pork store in NYC, Esposito’s, along with yellow and orange peppers from Holland. We grill the sausage on site and serve whole links, not sliced up coins in an oil slick like the other guys! Served with fresh individual baguettes.
* Slow smoke pulled pork: we smoke heritage pork shoulder butts for 13 hours with apple and cherry wood, pull the butts on site and toss with bbq sauce. Served with sweet Hawaiian rolls.
* Homemade macaroni salad (Mom’s recipe)
* Pit smoked BBQ baked beans
* Various snacks/desserts (assorted individual bags chips, crackerjacks, cookies etc)
1) A tailgate and game ticket for $89
2) A tailgate only ticket for $69
Tickets available for purchase on TickPick.
Go. Drink. Eat. It’s for a good cause!