We officially welcomed fall yesterday, Friday September 22. Luckily, the summer weather is here to stay for a little longer and we can’t think of a better way to enjoy this 85 degrees than outdoors. The Friends of Van Cortlandt Park have the same idea so they’re holding HIKE-toberfest today! Get a head start on Oktoberfest and enjoy our last days of warm weather with hiking and beer. P.S one is not required to enjoy the other. However, if you can’t make it out today, stop by the Bronx River Alliance’s Community Cooking Class tomorrow for kebabs and hummus. Read on for more deets!
Hike, Eat, Drink & Celebrate with Friends during our new fun fundraiser for the hiking trails of Van Cortlandt Park. Come see why VCP is Where NYC Hikes.
When: Today, Saturday Sept 23
- Hikes start at 2pm: Hikers will have the option of going on a 4-5 mile hike throughout the park OR a 2 mile leisurely nature or history hikes. All hikes will be led by guides and take about 2 hours.
- Oktoberfest is from 4-7pm.
Admission: Hike Only: $25, Oktoberfest Only: $70, Hike-toberfest: $85.
Ticket price includes:
- a Hike-toberfest Souvenir Mug
- eat German food by Loreley Restaurant & Biergarten
- enjoy local beers served by the Bronx Beer Hall
- listen to The Third Wheel Band perform
- Yard games will be set up to challenge your friends as you hang out on the Van Cortlandt House Museum Lawn.
Tickets available at the door while supplies last.
Community Cooking Class
“Come cook with us while learning techniques to make hearty, healthy meals and then sit in community while enjoying your meal. This week’s meal will be chicken kebabs with homemade hummus and naan bread.” – Bronx River Alliance
When: Tomorrow, Sunday Sept 24 from 3-5pm
Where: Concrete Plant Park (1372 Westchester Ave, between Bronx River Ave and Whitlock Ave)
Admission: FREE. First come, first served.
Register by calling (917) 679-8654.